Florida Cracker is hosting a women’s Catch & Release Tournament in Homosassa, Fl out of Florida Cracker Riverside Resort & Monkey Bar.Registration opens March 10, 2021 9:00 AM Eastern
LADIES TOURNAMENT RULES
PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY: Any person under the age of 18 must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian. The tournament reserves the right to refuse participation in the event to any individual at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
This is a boat/team competition; each angler will be able to enter fish in each species for their boat. Anglers MUST submit their fish in a photo with their identifier on the official measuring device in order to place in the Tournament. Boat/team may win 1st place in only one division. If angler is eligible to win 1st place in multiple divisions the tournament director will assign boat/team to winning the division of the highest prize value.
Registration is $50 per lady angler: minimum two anglers per team. Unless fishing from a Kayak.
Registration Friday, May 21, 6pm at Florida Cracker Monkey Bar
Registration includes a great swag bag, measuring device, & FREE Shirt!
Gal’s Gala/Captain’s Meeting (mandatory for all anglers & captains): 7pm-9pm. Dress like a lady for the meeting.
SAFETY: Safe boating will be observed at all times. The Tournament may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the Tournament Director. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. Anglers are all fishing at their own risk, each angler must determine if conditions are safe and reasonable to fish during Tournament.
In the event of a rule violation, the Tournament Director may impose such sanctions as they deem appropriate, including, without limitation, disqualifications, forfeiture of prizes, and prohibition from participation in subsequent tournaments. Decisions of the Tournament Director are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal, and are not reviewable by any court of law. The tournament reserves the right to make needed changes to these rules in order to ensure the safety and welfare of the tournament anglers and the public, and preserve the integrity of the event. Any rule changes will immediately supersede all previously published copies of rules. It is your responsibility to read and understand the rules and how you are affected by not complying with the following rules. Every competitor will be required to sign a liability release/permission form for use of image/agreement to the official rules prior to the tournament.
• Photo, Catch and Release Tournament standings, auxiliary awards, and final winners shall be determined by the total length of each fish measured in inches to 1/16 of inch of each boat/teams catch during the tournament. You may upgrade your entries as this is a catch photo competition and only the longest fish will be submitted as part of the bag limit for species.
• Total inches of each fish will be measured on the official Ladies Tournament ruler provided in tournament swag bag.
• Nose of fish must be on the zero line and the entire fish must be visible in the entry photo. Photo shall be taken from above the fish on the measuring device with the boat/team identifier in the photo. Photo must be time stamped.
• Length of Redfish, snook, trout and ladyfish will be determined by the pinch tail method with mouth closed.
• Photo’s will be submitted to Weigh Master via I angler tournament app or text. Procedures for I angler app will be provided at Gal’s Gala/Captains meeting and in tournament Swag Bag. The prevailing rules as set forth by tournament along with federal, state, and local statutes and regulations bind all competitors. Competitors will at no time have in their possession, in the live well or cooler, a tournament species. Tournament official length for all fish will be according to the state laws in the state in which that event is being held. Any fish that appears to have been penned, mangled, mashed, mauled, or otherwise altered will not be eligible at the discretion of the Weigh Master.
• In the Event of a Tie, the fish that was submitted first in tournament via app or text shall be the longest fish of species and winner.
Redfish/Red Drum: shall be bag limit of 2 for boat/team. Only the longest fish will count towards bag limit.
Trout shall be legal bag limit of 8 fish per boat/team with no size limits. Only the longest eight fish will count towards bag limit.
Snook: shall be bag limit of 2 fish per boat/team with no size limits. Only the longest 2 fish will count towards bag limit.
Ladyfish: shall be unlimited bag limit of fish per boat/team with no size limits. All the fish will count towards total length in inches.
Prizes: based on total of 100 lady angler entries
First Place: $750 cash & prizes, Second Place:$250 cash & prizes & Third Place: $100 cash & prizes for each species:
based on total inches of bag limit of each species.
Only First Place for Ladyfish $500.00: total inches of all ladyfish caught.
RULE 1: The tournament is open to female anglers only. Men may join the fun as captain and crew only.
RULE 2: This is a Catch, Photo & Release tournament all winning teams will be determined by submitted photos via iAngler or text with fish on official measuring device. The following species are eligible: Redfish, Trout, Snook and Lady fish.
Scoring – There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category except Ladyfish which will only have 1st place. It will be total inches of tournament bag limit for each species. To view current FWC regulations, visit www.myfwc.com.
RULE 3: Registered anglers are responsible for providing their own fishing vessel and must have a valid Florida fishing license.
RULE 4: Check out Saturday, May 22 is safe light and done by honor system. Boundaries are from Chaz to Wacassassa.
RULE 5: Check In: All boats must be visually checked in by 3:00 pm at Florida Cracker Monkey Bar dock or parking lot. You may come by land or water to check in. If you are not visually checked in by 3:00 pm, you will be automatically disqualified. There is NO lines out time. Last entry in iAngler app is 3pm.
RULE 6: All FWC rules apply to the Florida Cracker Ladies fishing tournament. Live bait, dead bait and lures are permitted.
RULE 7: Anglers must abide by the rules of catching their own fish. All activities related to catching a fish, casting bait or lure, hook set, reeling in fish must be done by female angler only! Landing/netting the fish must also be done by a female angler.
*Male Capt and mate are only on board to manage the boat and may NOT help with casting, hooking, fighting or landing fish.
RULE 8: All lady anglers and captains must be present at the captain’s meeting Friday May 21st, 2021 at 7 pm.
RULE 9: On-site registration is at the Florida Monkey Bar 6pm. Registration fees of $50 per angler are non-refundable.
RULE 10: Boat/team must have at least two lady anglers and may have up to 4 lady anglers with a male captain and mate or limited to what the law allows per specific vessel. The only exception is a Lady Kayak angler/team.